April 21, 2020
COVID-19 Update April 21, 2020
To: Solheim Employees, Residents, Family Members and Stakeholders
From: Sam Oden, CEO
Solheim Senior Community thanks you for your continued support and the kind words you’ve shown. We also thank you for the donations of masks, Personal Protective Equipment, and meals for our staff. We continue to hold the health and safety of our residents and staff as our highest priority.
We would like to share with you that we have tested all our dining staff with two additional confirmed positive diagnosis of COVID-19. Solheim will continue to expand our testing to other areas and individuals that may have been exposed to COVID-19. Moving forward, we will endeavor to test all staff and residents as we’re able. We are in the process of working out a system for testing on site and are reaching out to our public health officials for additional testing assistance as well. In summary, we have 6 confirmed staff with a positive diagnosis. These staff members will not return to work until cleared.
We are actively monitoring our staff and residents who could have been in contact with these employees for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are working with our local and state health departments. All our staff members continue to follow public health recommendations to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
We understand all the concerns you may have and want you to know we are making every effort to keep our staff and residents healthy. We are putting a temporary hold on providing meals to our staff, but anticipate being back up and running on this benefit soon.
We notify public health officials daily as required and are following procedures recommended by the Department of Health and CDC. We are working closely with the local public health departments to monitor these situations and continue to notify residents, family members, and team members of these developments. We want to make residents, their families, our dedicated staff, and our community aware of this situation and reassure everyone that we are responding rapidly and aggressively to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff.
Due to federal privacy laws, and out of respect for the privacy of our employees and the families, Solheim Senior Community is not sharing any additional information about the medical status of the employees.
- We will continue to update you as changes occur, and you may visit our website for more information at www.solheimsenior.org. If you have any questions, please direct them to Tina Antypas at email@example.com or call 323 257-7518 X225.
- We have tested our dining staff and are expanding testing to others
- We are still restricting ALL visitors and non-essential personnel until further notice.
- We are requiring all staff and essential personnel to wear appropriate personal protective equipment as needed.
- We continue to offer virtual conversations with our residents and family members
- Activities have been adjusted to consist of in-room activities only
- We are offering assistance with grocery shopping for our staff to alleviate some stress
- Community members share notes of encouragement and love with our residents
- We THANK YOU for your participation and understanding during this unprecedented time